Friday, October 24, 2014

Day 43: Meetings, Steps, People, Etc.



sorry it took me so long. i'm working on day 43 (almost half way to the BIG 90!). i've been meaning to do an update, but am totally busy going to meetings (yeah, i found a really cool sponsor, and he's helping me to make it to meetings, work on the steps, and stay sober one day at a time), plus getting my life back on track. i feel like a train wreck survivor!

anyway, i wanna thank everyone that took the time to support me during those first few weeks of sobriety: all of you helped me to feel less isolated (and stay sober) big time, and i am totally grateful for that. now it's meetings every day, working on the steps, therapy, working, and cleaning up the mess that my life had become.

i won't be blogging as much as before, but i'll do my best to (at least) stop by and read my favorite blogs, plus leave a comment or 2. you guys totally rock! thank you for taking the time to offer emotional support when i needed it most :-)

Zach

7 comments:

  1. Yay Zach!!! Great to hear that you found a good sponsor and are working the steps and going to meetings. It's so true that none of us train wreck survivors can do this alone.. We do our best to be there for each other. You are helping me by reminding me how good it feels to experience the gift of sobriety as we do whatever it is that needs doing, difficult or easy, one day at a time (-:

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the awesome support, am!! yeah, my new sponsor is the best! he also battles depression and anxiety, so he understands how hard it can be to attend meetings every single day. it took me awhile to take that first step, but with his help - i slowly but surely began to feel okay about everything, and i now look forward to going to meetings big time! thanks for being the first blogger to welcome me back :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, I'm just checking in with you again after a while, and I'm really happy to hear you're doing well. It's no small feat overcoming the fucking monster than is alcoholism and substance addiction, so right the fuck on! I'm close to six months clean myself now, and it helps me to know that others are making it too. When others slip it gives me a good reminder, which stokes the fear, which is healthy to some extent, but I draw more strength from seeing people get healthy. Stick with the winners, they say... that stuck with me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey, thanks for checking in! congrats on the 6 months - that's totally awesome! i'm coming up on 2 months pretty quick. (can't wait for the BIG 90!)

    yeah, this disease is the hardest thing i've ever had to overcome. i finally figured out i can't do it on my own. so it's at least 1 meeting every day :-)

    keep on keepin' on!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heard one of your two favorite songs when I was in a cafe yesterday and thought of you. One day at a time works! Music is part of it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. was it "Imagine" or "American Pie"? anyway, I really miss you big time :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It was "American Pie."

    This will be the day that we all live. To paraphrase what Janis once said, "It's all the same sacred day."

    One day at a time (-:

    Hope to see more posts on your blog again!

    ReplyDelete

hey, i welcome friendly comments big time!